sports golf

IU women’s golf announces shortened 2021 spring schedule

spwgolf012621.jpg

IU women’s golf announced its 2021 spring schedule Friday. The team will compete in five regular season tournaments before the Big Ten Championship, which will be played from April 23-25.

The Hoosiers open their season at Turtle Point Golf Course for the Palmetto Intercollegiate in Kiawah Island, South Carolina, from Feb. 21-22. 

Related: [Read more IU golf coverage here]

The team will return to South Carolina for the Briar’s Creek Invitational at John’s Island from March 15-16 before heading to compete at the Reserve in Lake Keowee for the Clemson Invitational from March 26-28.

IU was scheduled to compete at both the Briar’s Creek and Clemson Invitationals during the previous season before the cancellation of Big Ten sports in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

spiuwgschedule012521-graphic
Graphic by Abby Carmichael

After a stretch of three consecutive events in South Carolina, IU will return home for the Indiana Spring Challenge at the Covered Bridge Golf Course in Sellersburg, Indiana, from April 4-5.

IU will close its regular season at home in Bloomington for the Indiana Invitational at the Pfau Course from April 17-18. This will be the first time the team will be able to compete at the Pfau Course, which opened in June 2020. 

"To be able to practice and compete and to be hosting one of those competitions on the amazing Pfau Course at IU is an amazing blessing and a major opportunity for our student-athletes to get back to doing what they really love to do: which is to compete for IU," IU head coach Clint Wallman said.

The Big Ten Championship will be played at TPC River’s Bend in Maineville, Ohio, from April 23-25.

The NCAA Regional will be held from May 10-12, although the destination and course have yet to be determined.

The NCAA Championship will be held at the Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona, from May 21-26.