Hyatt Place Offering Flexible Student Housing During Pandemic

<p>North entrance of the Hyatt Place Bloomington on Kirkwood Avenue.</p>

North entrance of the Hyatt Place Bloomington on Kirkwood Avenue.

The Hyatt Place Bloomington on Kirkwood (an all-suite hotel) is offering flexible housing contracts for students for the spring 2021 school year. The hotel has a multitude of accommodations to adhere to the needs of students who are looking for short or long-term stays in Bloomington.

Hyatt Place successfully housed a number of students for the fall semester. They now place all students on the same floor in order to create a ‘dorm feel’ to the hotel.

Senior Erika Armstrong, who stayed at the Hyatt during a brief transitional period, said the option of living at the Hyatt is convenient and ideal for those in need of flexible living situation.

“My experience was really nice, and the location was more than ideal” Armstrong said. “The staff was nice, and the people were very understanding of my prolonged transition period.”

Last semester the Hyatt Place was home to many students who either wanted flexibility in their leasing or were relocated from their living situation. The Hyatt Place adapted to student feedback and now includes amenities such as refrigerators, microwaves, smart TVs, laundry service, covered secured parking, private student study rooms and increased health guidelines to accommodate for the safety of their guests during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Hyatt Place is walking distance from Sample Gates, has an indoor pool, 24 hour fitness center, hot breakfast, and for no extra cost. In addition students will receive 25% off all food and beverage offerings in the hotel and receive a $25 Starbucks credit each month. (Starbucks located in 1st floor lobby) They also have full maid service weekly for the duration of your stay.

The Hyatt Place is offering an out-clause for students. If in-person classes at IU are cancelled during the spring semester, students will be able to cancel their housing contract with the Hyatt and will be reimbursed any unused funds.

“This offer differentiates us from other housing vendors” Nicholas Siracusa, General Manager at Hyatt Place said. “Most leases require students pay and to commit to long term living agreements whether or not classes are in session. With these unprecedented times we want to be accommodating to our students.”

Pricing for the Hyatt is around $65 per night or $6,000 for a single king room for a semester or $7,500 for a double queen room for the entire semester. They are flexible on move in and check out dates to accommodate to student needs.

In addition, the Hyatt is running a promotion of $100 Amazon gift card and one free night stay for any student that signs prior to January 1, 2021.

The Hyatt Place is looking to house all types of students and wants to accommodate for their unique housing situations. Students still looking for housing next semester may want to consider the Hyatt Place as an option for student living.

For more information contact 812-339-5950 or Nicholas.Siracusa@hyatt.com