Letter from the editor: In a semester unlike any other, thanks for sticking with us

letterfromtheeditor.jpg

When I started in August, I knew this was going to be a semester unlike any other at IU.

And, sitting here in December, I can confidently say that that remained true. From COVID-19 to the election to a reinstated football season, there was no shortage of storylines to follow.

I’m proud of our coverage of the coronavirus’ effects on IU and Bloomington — whether it be reporting on testing, new restrictions or how different groups have adapted to this new normal.

I’m also proud of Black Voices. It’s not easy to start something from scratch, and it’s certainly not easy to do it in a pandemic. But Jaclyn Ferguson made it look easy, and the section has grown to 10 regular contributors sharing their stories, art and perspectives.

When we’re not out reporting or designing pages, we’re also students just trying our best. I’m proud of the coverage we’ve provided this semester, but I know there are ways we fell short. I’m grateful to everyone who has emailed or called to provide their feedback. You’re the reason we’re in this business.

Thank you for following along with us this semester. In the spring, Caroline Anders and Emily Isaacman will be co-editors-in-chief. We hope you’ll continue reading with them.

Stay safe and healthy. We’ll see you soon.