sports volleyball

IU volleyball announces four signees for class of 2021

National Signing Day was successful for IU volleyball, which announced a four-member 2021 class with three Hoosiers and a Canadian  on Wednesday.

National Signing Day was a successful one for IU volleyball, who announced a four-member 2021 class with three Hoosiers and a Canada native on Wednesday.

The four signees are outside hitter Kenzie Daffinee, setter Camryn Haworth, defensive specialist Carly Mills and outside hitter Mady Saris. 

Daffinee, an Under Armour All-American Nominee, holds the record at Westfield High School in Westfield, Indiana, for 279 career aces. She was named an Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) All-American in 2017 and is ranked the No. 60 recruit on PrepVolleyball.com’s Top 150 in the class of 2021. 

Camryn Haworth, from Fishers, Indiana, was ranked the No. 75 recruit by PrepVolleyball and named a AAU All-American in 2019. She was also named First Team All-State in Indiana in 2020. 

Despite her official position being setter, Haworth’s high school career statistics, including 176 blocks and 149 aces, demonstrate her ability to be a very versatile player.

“Camryn is a different type of player,” head coach Steve Aird said. “We feel she will add an entirely different dimension to our program.” 

Alongside Haworth on the 2020 First Team All-State was libero Carly Mills, who was also named to the team in 2019. Mills, an Under Armour All-American, holds the record at Hamilton Southeastern High School for digs with 1,700.  

Daffinee, Haworth and Mills were all named All-District and competed in the First Team All-Hoosier Crossroads in 2020.

Burlington, Ontario, native and outside hitter Mady Saris was named an All-Star at the 2018 Canadian National Championships and is currently a member of the Canadian Junior National Team. Saris is also training with the Canadian National Excellence Program for the top 16 junior volleyball players in British Columbia.

“We expect Mady to be a six-rotation player that can do all the skills at a high level,” Aird said. “We feel she is prepared to contribute from day one.”

With the No. 15 ranked signing class in 2020, the Hoosiers are only continuing to improve their roster. 

“We wanted to continue the momentum and add pieces that could complement our current roster,” Aird said. “It will be hard to find a lineup, and that is exactly the kind of problem our staff wants.”