politics

Geoff Bradley, Monroe County's deputy prosecutor, elected to Division 1 court

bradley win

Geoff Bradley, who served as a deputy prosecutor in Monroe County for 14 years, has been elected to the Division 1 court. Prior to those 14 years, Bradley served as an assistant prosecuting attorney in Ohio. 

Bradley received around 61% of the vote, according to unofficial results from the Monroe County Elections Board.

He’ll serve for a term of six years. 

Bradley said he supports problem-solving courts, according to the Indiana Daily Student voter guide.

“Problem solving courts provide innovative responses to issues faced in our community, such as substance use disorder and mental illness,” he said. “By working with community partners, problem solving courts provide positive outcomes for individuals and their families, victims and the community.”

A leader of the Monroe County Black Democratic Caucus and the Monroe County branch of the NAACP, Bradley pointed to his legal experience as a qualification to win the seat. 

He has experience in many legal matters such as criminal, child supporty and practices backruptcy law. He has also worked at the University of Kentucky from 2001-2003.

“While working at the University of Kentucky from 2001-2003, I had the opportunity to develop my skills as a supervisor and as a student conduct administrator and hearing officer,” he said.