Indianapolis band Huckleberry Funk to perform Saturday at IU's Dunn Meadow

<p>The Indianapolis-based band Huckleberry Funk will perform at 7 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Open Air stage in Dunn Meadow.</p>

The Indianapolis-based band Huckleberry Funk will perform at 7 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Open Air stage in Dunn Meadow.

The Indianapolis-based band Huckleberry Funk will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Open Air stage in Dunn Meadow. The band performs primarily R&B and soul music. They include additional influences of funk, hip-hop and rock in their repertoire. 

“Be ready to have a good time,” band member Dexter Clardy said during an interview. “Definitely be prepared to hear anything.”

The five-member band is composed of former IU students. Four members performed with the IU African American Choral Ensemble and the Soul Revue, which led to the band's formation four years ago. 

The band’s debut album, "The Tear Down," can be found on streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music. They plan to release a new single Nov. 3. 

Tickets are sold through the IU Auditorium to students for $5. There is a limit of one ticket per person.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments