We've redesigned our website, please let us know what you think.

Herman B Wells Library named 2020 Federal Depository library of the year

<p>Herman B Wells Library was named the 2020 Federal Depository Library of the Year on Tuesday by the U.S. Government Publishing Office, according to a press release.</p>

Herman B Wells Library was named the 2020 Federal Depository Library of the Year on Tuesday by the U.S. Government Publishing Office, according to a press release.

Herman B Wells Library was named the 2020 Federal Depository Library of the Year on Tuesday by the the U.S. Government Publishing Office, according to a press release. 

Wells Library was selected for its efforts to promote the Federal Depository Library Program through social media, blog posts, exhibits, presentations and workshops as well as highlighting government resources during the coronavirus pandemic through hosting virtual events, according to the release.

The Federal Depository Library Program was established by Congress to ensure the public has access to the government's information, according to their website.

The staff at Wells worked with public libraries in 11 other counties to spread the mission and resources of the FDLP as well, according to the release.

The GPO also commended the library’s care of its depository collection through its preservation lab and its government info alerts, which provided library members suggestions for federal publications suited to members' interests.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments