Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.

Monroe County voters can cast early-voting ballots in person starting Oct. 6 

<p>The Monroe County Offices are pictured Sept. 29 at 401 West 7th Street. These offices are where early voting is taking place in Monroe County.</p>

The Monroe County Offices are pictured Sept. 29 at 401 West 7th Street. These offices are where early voting is taking place in Monroe County.

Those registered to vote in Monroe County can participate in early voting starting at8 a.m. Oct. 6 at Election Central in Bloomington.

Election Central is located at 401 W. 7th St., Suite 100. This is the only early voting location in Monroe County.

The schedule for early voting is:

• October 6 - October 9: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.

• October 12 - October 16: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.

• October 19 - October 23: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.

• October 24: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

• October 26 - October 30: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.

• October 31: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

• November 2: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.

The deadline to register to vote in Indiana is Oct. 5. The deadline to request a by-mail absentee ballot is Oct. 22, which is when the application needs to be received.

On Nov. 3, Election Day, the polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monroe County voters can find their assigned polling location on Indiana’s voting website.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.