arts   |   community events   |   exhibits   |   performances

Fourth Street Festival of the Arts and Crafts canceled, moved online

entfourthstreet090320

A ceramic astronaut hangs in Stan Baker’s booth at Fourth Street Festival of Arts and Crafts on Aug. 30, 2019. The 2020 festival is now virtual, with showcases available online starting Saturday until Dec. 31. IDS file photo and Claire Livingston

The Fourth Street Festival of the Arts and Crafts has been moved online due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the Fourth Street Festival website.

In the past, this festival has been a two-day free event in Bloomington, but now the showcases will be available online starting Saturday until Dec. 31.

The festival, which began in 1977, is organized by local artists and showcases 120 artisans from across the country.

Viewers can visit artists’ booths, the children’s booth, community booths, the music stage, the spoken word stage or take a tour of Fourth Street from the 2018 festival on the website. Purchases can be made on each artists’ website which are linked on the festival’s website.

There are nine artists’ booths representing different categories such as ceramics, painting, sculpture, jewelry and photography. 

Nine bands will have videos available on the Fourth Street Festival website. The bands include IU Soul Revue, African American Choral Ensemble and Hoosier Youth Philharmonic.

Several community booths will be represented as well, including IU Jacobs School of Music, IU Theater and Dance and the African American Arts Institute.

More in Arts