The Comedy Attic will reopen June 24

entcomedyattic061620.jpeg

The Comedy Attic is set to reopen June 24, according to a Facebook post by owner Jared Thompson. The club’s opening night will be the 12th annual Bloomington Comedy Festival.

The club will reopen with new, strict guidelines to promote safety and decrease the spread of COVID-19. 

Patrons must purchase tickets beforehand and bring their own masks and wear them the entire time. Facial coverings can be moved for brief periods to eat and drink, but they are not allowed to take them off entirely. 

Tables will be bare, and there will be QR codes that lead people to the comedy club’s menus. Patrons must sit six feet from one another, and temperatures will be checked at the door. 

Thompson said the comedy club will operate at a 50% capacity for the foreseeable future, even if government guidelines allow businesses to accept more.

If people want to redeem a gift certificate, they must email jared@comedyattic.com with their name, confirmation number, the show they want to attend and the number of tickets they are purchasing. 

"An unfortunate side story in this is that we — along with many other businesses—simply can’t sustain being closed for much longer, Thompson said in the post. “We’ve already lost some great businesses both locally and nation-wide. So, we’re going to give this our best shot. But we need to get it right.”