IU assistant women's basketball coach Janese Constantine to leave program

Janese Constantine holds her 6-month-old son PJ after a 66-54 women's basketball win over Purdue. IU went 8-0 on the road when PJ was in attendance.

IU assistant women’s basketball coach Janese Constantine announced Monday she will be leaving IU after four years with the program.

Constantine’s husband Paul, who spent four years with the IU football program, recently took a job as the assistant strength and conditioning coach for Alabama University’s football team. Constantine and their son PJ will be following her husband to Alabama.

“I would be remiss though if I don’t tell you all what an incredible journey it has been these last four years,” Constantine wrote on Twitter. “I would consider them to be the best four years of my life! IU will always be a part of me.”

Constantine was on the coaching staff for IU’s NIT championship run in 2018. The Hoosiers won at least 20 games every year Constantine was at IU.

“We will miss you but YOU will always be part of US!!!” IU head women's coach Teri Moren posted on Twitter in response to Constantine’s announcement.

In high school, Constantine was named Gatorade Player of the Year in Indiana and went on to play at Wisconsin. After her playing career concluded, she coached at her alma mater Ben Davis High School, Auburn University, the University of Wisconsin‐Milwaukee and IU‐Purdue University Indianapolis before coming to Bloomington.

“I’m excited to see what the next chapter brings!” Constantine said in a post.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.