Bloomington seeking public art installation proposals from artist, artist teams

entinstallationproposals061620

Eva Rholfing Allen paints a section of the mural in 2017 in Peoples Park. A release from the Bloomington Arts Commission encourages artists to submit proposals for new artwork which will be located near downtown Bloomington at the Trades District Garage. IDS file photo and Emma Flohr

Bloomington and the Bloomington Arts Commission are requesting public art proposals from artists until 5 p.m. July 8, according to a release. The new artwork will be located near downtown Bloomington at the Trades District Garage.

The release encourages many different types of artists to submit proposals. The budget is around $75,000.

“The artwork selected for this site should engage with and amplify the spirit of innovation, technology and entrepreneurship guiding the redevelopment of the Trades District, the City’s burgeoning economic and cultural hub,” the release states.

Artist or artists teams must include a one-page description of their concept and approach to the project but does not require artist designs.

The selection panel will review qualifications, past work, concept and resumes of entries, and then the three finalists will provide more detailed information about their ideas for the art.

More in Arts