IU football brings in graduate transfer tight end Khameron Taylor

spiufbgradtransfer052120.jpg

Tight end Khameron Taylor announced Wednesday he will join the IU football team this season as a graduate transfer.

Taylor, who played in three seasons at the University of South Alabama plus one redshirt year, will bring one year of eligibility to the Hoosiers and be available immediately.

The 6-foot-4-inch, 270-pound Alachua, Florida, native started in all nine of his appearances for South Alabama last season and hauled in a total of two receptions. In a game against Nebraska, Taylor caught a 13-yard touchdown.

"We are really excited about adding Kham to our program," IU head coach Tom Allen said in a release. "He brings experience to the tight end room. Other than Peyton Hendershot, we have a young group that needs some depth. Kham is a big, strong blocker with untapped potential in the pass game. He has a great combination of size, length and athleticism that immediately helps us become a better football team."

Rising junior tight end Peyton Hendershot is still listed on IU football’s 2020 roster after being arrested in February. However, there is still uncertainty what his status and role will be come the start of the season.