We've redesigned our website, please let us know what you think.

Two men arrested after Wednesday fight involving baseball bat

<p>&nbsp;</p>

Two men were arrested after a fight during which one of them reportedly hit the other with a baseball bat around 3:50 p.m. Wednesday near the intersection of Second Street and Walnut Street, according to an email from Bloomington Police Department Capt. Ryan Pedigo.

Otis Pye, 58, and Robert Abraham, 61, were experiencing homelessness at the time of the arrests, according to the email. Pye was arrested for battery committed with a deadly weapon, and Abraham was arrested for battery and resisting law enforcement.

Upon arriving at the scene, officers saw Pye holding a metal baseball bat and yelling at Abraham, Pedigo said in the email. Officers instructed Pye to drop the bat, and he initially refused but eventually did so.

While police handcuffed Pye, Abraham began charging toward them. Officers took Abraham to the ground and handcuffed him, according to the email.

Officers noticed a cut that was bleeding on the back of Abraham’s head, Pedigo said in the email. They determined the cut was from Pye striking him in the head with the baseball bat.

Abraham was taken to the hospital for treatment of his wound, according to the email. He was released from the hospital Wednesday and taken to jail.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments