Timeline: Indiana’s response to the growing COVID-19 pandemic

<p>A yellow tent stands outside March 29 at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. IU Health officials advise patients experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to be tested in the tent. Gov. Eric Holcomb signed an executive order Monday that grants some medical professionals without active licenses permission to practice, according to a release. </p>

A yellow tent stands outside March 29 at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. IU Health officials advise patients experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to be tested in the tent. Gov. Eric Holcomb signed an executive order Monday that grants some medical professionals without active licenses permission to practice, according to a release.

With so many stories about the novel coronavirus, it’s hard to keep track of when events were postponed or canceled, when classes moved online for the rest of the semester and when Gov. Eric Holcomb ordered Indiana residents to stay at home.

To simplify things, we created a timeline of major events outlining how things have changed since Indiana saw its first potential case of COVID-19. Take a look:

Editor's Note: This timeline has been updated through May 1.

Correction: A previous version of this timeline misstated the date of Dennis Peters' death. The IDS regrets this error.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.