We've redesigned our website, please let us know what you think.

Woman reportedly robbed at gunpoint Monday night near Bloomington gas station

<p>&nbsp;</p>

A 25-year-old transient woman was reportedly robbed at gunpoint at around 11:40 p.m. Monday on North Walnut Street near the Circle S gas station, according to an email from Bloomington Police Department Capt. Ryan Pedigo.

The woman told officers she was sitting in the passenger seat of an acquaintance’s car in a parking lot near the Hampton Inn, according to the email. She said a man punched her in the head and held a gun to her chin while threatening to kill her. 

Investigators located and arrested Otis Hicks, 31, Tuesday afternoon near the Super 8 by Wyndham Bloomington on North Stonelake Drive, Pedigo said in an email. Hicks was carrying a loaded gun that matched a victim’s description and a substance believed to be methamphetamine.

Investigators believe drugs were a contributing factor in the incident, according to the email.

The woman reportedly attempted to use her phone to call 911 but said the man grabbed her phone and left, according to Pedigo’s email.

Hicks is charged with robbery while armed with a deadly weapon, carrying of a handgun without a license by a convicted felon and dealing in methamphetamine. He was booked into the Monroe County Correctional Center.

This story was updated 6:40 p.m. on April 1 to reflect that BPD made an arrest.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments