IU baseball game against Butler rescheduled

<p>The IU baseball team high-fives after a 17-2 win over Purdue on March 4 at Bart Kaufman Field. IU will play Butler on March 24 in Bloomington after being snowed out Feb. 26.</p>

The IU baseball team high-fives after a 17-2 win over Purdue on March 4 at Bart Kaufman Field. IU will play Butler on March 24 in Bloomington after being snowed out Feb. 26.

IU baseball rescheduled its game against Butler University for 6:05 p.m. March 24 at Bart Kaufman Field.

The game was originally scheduled for Feb. 26 but was canceled due to snow.

IU has played Butler seven times in the past five years, and has won six of those matchups. Its all-time home record against Butler is 9-2.

Both teams have a 7-3 record for the season. Butler lost all three games in its series last weekend to the University of Evansville.

Much of Butler’s success comes from playing a relatively easy schedule against teams North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, George Mason University, Western Illinois University and the University of Saint Francis. Four of Butler’s games have been canceled so far.

IU will next face the University of San Diego this weekend for its first series at home.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.