IU women's basketball moves up again, Patberg named to Big Ten honor roll

<p>Redshirt junior Ali Patberg high-fives teammates after making a free throw Nov. 17 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Patberg was named Big Ten player of the week today, and IU&#x27;s women&#x27;s basketball team moved to No. 14 in the AP poll.</p>

Redshirt junior Ali Patberg high-fives teammates after making a free throw Nov. 17 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Patberg was named Big Ten player of the week today, and IU's women's basketball team moved to No. 14 in the AP poll.

IU women’s basketball moved up three spots in the AP Top 25 poll to No. 14. It marks the first time in program history the team has been ranked in the top 15 of the poll.

It also marks the fourth consecutive week the Hoosiers have moved up in the poll, and the fifth week the Hoosiers have been ranked in the poll.

The Hoosiers’ rise through the poll was marked by a 2-1 weekend at the Paradise Jam, which saw them defeat Washington State University and No. 5 University of South Carolina in an upset.

Junior guard Ali Patberg had impressive showings at all three games, earning her a spot on the Big Ten Player of the Week Honor Roll. She joins Mackenize Holmes as the only Hoosiers to be recognized thus far.

IU has one more game on the road at the University of Miami on Dec. 4.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments