INSTANT RECAP: IU men's basketball holds on to defeat UConn

spiubbrecap120719 (12).jpg

* FINAL: IU defeats UConn 57-54 to bounce back from the loss to Wisconsin. Not a single IU player scored in double-digits but the Hoosiers did force 22 turnovers. Next up is Nebraska on Friday.

* Green makes one free throw to take a three point lead.

* Gilbert makes a huge 3-pointer as IU leads by 2-points with 14 seconds remaining.

* IU leads by 3-points witth 19 seconds remaining.

* Huge dunk by Smith off the inbounds play tot give IU the 5-point lead with a little over three minutes remaining.

* It seems as if that's a flagrent foul. It was a really hard foul on Durham right there.

* Brunk then follows that up with a layup and-one opportunity.

* UConn retakes the lead with a dunk.

* Jerome Hunter breaks the cold streak with a jumper. He then blocks a jumper on the other end.

* UConn ties the game with a dunk.

* Phinisee had a layup but as TJD tried to tip it in, it was waved off for interference. IU leads UConn 38-36 with 11:49 remaining.

* IU has forced UConn to turn the ball over 17 times already.

* Brunk gets the first IU points of the half with a layup.

* HALFTIME: IU leads UConn 34-29 behind an 18-3 run led by the defense. Eight players have scored and Jackson-Davis has eight points and three rebounds.

* It's a 16-1 run for IU.

* Devonte Green hits a huge 3-pointer to give IU the lead. It's the first IU lead sinc 4-2. It's an 8-0/14-1 run over the last 3:10.

* IU is on a 6-0 run after a goaltending call is made.

* IU is 6-6 from the line and now only down by six points with less than five minutes remaining in the half.

* The Huskies take a 10-point lead after a jumper from Vital.

* UConn leads IU 21-14 with 7:33 remaining in the first half. Davis has four points and Phinisee has been impressive in his first game back.

* Phinisee makes his first shot attempt of the night with a layup.

* Akok hits the third 3-pointer for UConn to give the Huskies a 15-6 lead over IU.

* Polley hits his second 3-pointer of the night to give UConn the 12-6 lead.

* TJD ends the run with a layup.

* UConn is on a 7-0 run after a 3-pointer.

* Green hits his first jumpshot of the night. IU leads 4-0.

* Jackson-Davis gets the first bucket of the night.

* UConn wins the tip and we are off.

* Devonte Green will be in the starting lineup tonight for the first time this season as he replaces Armaan Franklin.

* It was reported earlier tonight that Rob Phinisee will be back on the floor for IU. It'll be interesting to see how much playing time he gets.

* Welcome to tonight's live updates as IU looks to bounce back after losing to Wisconsin on Saturday. Follow this live stream starting around 9:30 p.m. for instant score updates from the game.