Tchaikovsky’s ‘The Nutcracker’ to make its annual return to IU

<p>Students Anna Grunewald and Darren Hsu dance as the Snow Queen and the Snow Cavalier on Nov. 28, 2017, in the first act of &quot;The Nutcracker.&quot; IU Ballet Theater will put on its annual production of Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” Dec. 5-8 at the Musical Arts Center. </p>

Students Anna Grunewald and Darren Hsu dance as the Snow Queen and the Snow Cavalier on Nov. 28, 2017, in the first act of "The Nutcracker." IU Ballet Theater will put on its annual production of Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” Dec. 5-8 at the Musical Arts Center.

IU Ballet Theater will put on its annual production of Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” Dec. 5-8 at the Musical Arts Center. There will be five performances: three at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5-7 and two matinees at 2 p.m. Dec. 7-8. 

Tickets start at $21 for regular and student prices, then go up to $42. They can be bought online at www.operaballet.indiana.edu or at the MAC box office. 

“The Nutcracker” is a two-act ballet following a child named Clara as she encounters sugar plum fairies, mice kings and nutcrackers at home and in the Land of Sweets. Since its creation in 1892, “The Nutcracker” has become a popular Christmastime ballet for those of all ages. 

The ballet will be conducted by famed Italian conductor Marzio Conti and choreographed by Michael Vernon, a Jacobs School of Music professor of ballet. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments