No.18 IU women’s basketball remains undefeated, continues ascent through AP poll

<p>Redshirt freshman Chanel Wilson gets ready to play defense as a teammate shoots a free throw behind her Nov. 17 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. IU women&#x27;s basketball was ranked No. 18 in the Associated Press Top 25 rankings Monday, the highest ranking in program history.</p>

Redshirt freshman Chanel Wilson gets ready to play defense as a teammate shoots a free throw behind her Nov. 17 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. IU women's basketball was ranked No. 18 in the Associated Press Top 25 rankings Monday, the highest ranking in program history.

IU women’s basketball gets to add another mark to what has already been a historic start to the season, moving up three spots to No. 18 in the latest AP poll.

It is the first time in program history the Hoosiers have been ranked in the top 20 of the poll, and it is the highest ranking in program history, besting the mark set last week at No. 21. 

This week also marks the fourth consecutive week in which the Hoosiers find themselves on the AP poll, which is also a program record.

IU is off to a 3-0 start this season, and its latest victory came Sunday against Jackson State University 91-51.

Sunday’s game was the last home game for nearly three weeks for IU, as the team travels south to take on the University of Florida before facing No. 2 Baylor and No. 5 South Carolina at the Paradise Jam in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments