arts   |   iu auditorium   |   performances   |   music

Musical sensation STOMP returns to IU Auditorium

entstomp103019

Performers for STOMP play brooms Feb. 10, 2016, at IU Auditorium. Stomp will return to IU at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 14. at the IU Auditorium. IDS file photo and Tae-Gyun Kim Buy Photos

The performance group STOMP returns at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 14 to the IU Auditorium. Tickets cost $17 for students with their IDs and $29 for general admission.  

STOMP is a show that combines dance, music and theater for a musical experience consisting of choreographed percussion and comedy. The family-friendly show was created in 1991 and also received an HBO miniseries that was nominated for four Emmys. 

STOMP will be IU Auditorium’s Kids’ Night on Broadway, where crafts and activities will be present before the show in the auditorium lobby. WonderLab will provide the services and will begin at 6:30 p.m. when doors open. 

Starting Nov. 5, IU Auditorium, STOMP and Hoosier Hills Food Bank will also partner up for a canned food drive to “stomp” out hunger. Bins will be located inside the auditorium’s entry from Nov. 5 to STOMP’s performance Nov. 14. 

Additionally, the Give the Magic program, which provides tickets to world-class performances to underserved youth in Bloomington, will give its participants free tickets to STOMP and an additional 30 minutes before the doors open to partake in the Kids’ Night on Broadway activities. 

More in Arts