student life

LGBTQ+ Culture Center organizes October events

calgbtq101619.jpg

In November, the LGBTQ+ Culture Center will celebrate its 25th anniversary, and it’s organizing many events in the weeks before to promote inclusion. 

Queering Age: Memory, Disability, Selfhood

The event will be 6 p.m. Oct. 22 in the Global and International Studies Building 0001. Students can learn more about Jane Gallop and her disability and the ways it affects every aspect of her life. This event is open to all. 

St. Paul’s Food and Fellowship Group

The event will be 6 p.m. Oct. 24 at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center. The culture center is a safe and welcoming space for LGBTQ members and resident parishioners who are invited to dinner with prayer and fellowship. This event is open to all. 

LGBTQ+ Culture Center’s 25th anniversary

This event will be Nov. 16 at the Indiana Memorial Union. A formal reception will be in the solarium. Tickets are $25. Campus Pride Incorporated founder and executive director Shane Windmyer will be a guest speaker. A free dance will take place after. This event is open to all.

Retirement Brunch for Director Doug Bauder

This event will be at 11 a.m. Nov. 17 at the IMU solarium. Bauder has been with the culture center for 25 years. This event is open to all. 

Open Ally Training Session

This event will be at 5 p.m. Nov. 20 at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center. At the event, people can learn more about the community and ways to be advocates. These sessions are open to all.

The LGBTQ+ Culture Center also has weekly meetings and support groups for students of all gender identities and backgrounds. 

Asexual/Aromantic student support group meeting

5:30 p.m. every Friday at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center.

Connections

7 p.m. every Tuesday at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center. A discussion group for LGBTQ women and nonbinary individuals ages 18-24.

Men Like Us

5 p.m. every Sunday at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center. A confidential peer support group for self-identifying GBQ+, transgender men and nonbinary individuals ages 18-25.

Queer D&D Group

6 p.m. every Friday at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center. Dungeons and Dragons is a tabletop role-playing game. This group is open to all.

TrUSt

6 p.m. every Thursday at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center. A transgender union for students.