Instant Recap: IU football visits Nebraska with sixth win and bowl eligibility on line

spiufbir102619.jpg

*IU defeats Nebraska 38-31.

*IU in victory formation.

*Ramsey rushes for 11 yards for the first down on third-and-seven. Possibly the biggest play of the game.

*Vedral's pass to Speilman for 31 yards moves the chains for the Cornhuskers.

*Vedral re-enters the game for Nebraska.

*IU forced to punt. Ball down at the Nebraska 7.

*TOUCHDOWN NEBRASKA. Wan'Dale Robinson with a four-yard touchdown rush to cut into the IU lead. The Hoosiers lead 38-31 with 10:21 remaining.

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. Stevie Scott runs it up the gut for a nine-yard touchdown to cap off a 7 play 57 yard drive. The Hoosiers lead 38-24 with 12:08 remaining.

*Fryfogle goes up and snatches a 38-yard catch while falling to move the ball to the Nebraska 29.

*Juwan Burgess recovers a fumble. IU takes over at its own 43 yard line.

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. Ramsey finds Bjorson in the flat to go up 31-24 at the end of the third quarter.

*Ramsey finds Hendershot over the middle for a 40-yard gain.

*Ramsey tucks it and rushes for 11yds.

*Nebraska kickoff goes out of bounds. IU will start from its own 35 yard-line.

*NEBRASKA FIELD GOAL. Pickering drills a 30-yard field goal to tie the game 24-24 with 2:53 remaining in the third quarter.

*IU gets the stop on third-down to force a field goal.

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. David Ellis gets the sweep and walks into the endzone from one yard out. IU converts on the two point conversion with a pass to Hendershot over the middle. IU leads 24-21 with 7:30 remaining in the third quarter.

*IU forces a three-and-out and Issac Armstrong shanks the punt for only 19 yards. IU will take over at the Nebraska 35.

*Ramsey is flushed out of the pocket and throws it away forcing fourth-down. Whitehead punts it down to the Nebraska eight yard-line.

*Philyor again comes through on third-and-long to extend the drive with a 23-yard catch.

*Ramsey finds Philyor for a 19-yard gain and a first down.

Start of third quarter:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halftime Notes:

*Whop Philyor is dominating with nine catches for 107 yards. He's been the only reliable source of offense for IU.

*IU's defense can't prevent the big play to slow down Nebraska's offense.

*If IU can't get the run game going they are going to struggle even more on offense. Having only 35 rush yards--28 coming off two runs--is putting a lot of pressure on Ramsey to execute in the pass game.

*Ramsey has looked solid in the start as he's thrown for 165 yards on 15-of-19 passing. There is a real possibility that his interception at the end of the half can come back to haunt IU and be the deciding factor in the game.

*Ramsey takes a knee to end the half. IU trails 21-16.

*TOUCHDOWN NEBRASKA. McCaffrey finds a wide open Kanawai Noa on a 24-yard pass to give the Cornhusker the lead. Nebraska leads 21-16 with :39 remaining in the half.

*Ramsey tries to flip the ball to Philyor but is too far behind him as it is tipped and ends up as an interception.

*Nebraska goes three-and-out. Philyor takes the fair-catch at the IU 47 yard-line.

*Nebraska fumbles and Vedral is down injured. True-freshman Luke McCaffrey--Christian McCaffrey's brother--is warming up for Nebraska.

*Haydon Whitehead punts it to the Nebraska three yard-line.

*Stevie Scott rumbles for 16-yards on third-and-one to move the chains.

*Nebraska's kicker Barret Pickering misses the 32-yard field goal wide left. IU still leads 16-14. Both Justus and Pickering have missed from short distances kicking into the north endzone.

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. Fryfogle wins the jump ball in the corner of the endzone to give IU the lead. IU leads Nebraska 16-14 with 12:19 remaining in the second quarter.

*Jamar Johnson forces a fumble and Allen Stallings IV scoops it and returns it all the way to the Nebraska eight-yard line.

*END OF FIRST QUARTER: IU trails Nebraska 14-9. Tom Allen was screaming at his players as they walked off the field.

*Nebraska converts on fourth-down with fake snap to convert

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. Ramsey keeps it himself for a 12-yard touchdown run to cap off a seven play, 71-yard drive. Justus misses the extra point. Nebraska leads 14-9 with 3:23 left in the first quarter.

*Philyor gets both feet in-bounds for a 21-yard catch to move IU inside the Nebraska 10.

*TOUCHDOWN NEBRASKA. One-yard rush by Vedral to finish off a five play, 75-yard drive. Nebraska leads 14-3 with 6:57 remaining in the first quarter.

*Nebraska pulls off a Philly Special to Vedral for 22-yards. Juwan Burgess added on another 15-yards for a late hit out of bounds. That's two big mistakes for Burgess already this game, a blown coverage for 45-yards and now this.

*FIELD GOAL IU. Logan Justus nails a 22 yard field goal to give IU its first points of the afternoon. Nebraska leads 7-3 with 8:45 remaining in the first quarter.

*Allen leaves the Hoosier offense on the field on fourth-down and IU converts on a 23 yard pass to Philyor to put IU inside the 10

*Ramsey trots out to lead the IU offense for its first drive

*TOUCHDOWN NEBRASKA. Nebraska scores on a Noah Vedral QB keeper to cap off a five play, 75-yard drive to take a 7-0 lead with 13:32 remaining in the first quarter.

*Nebraska hits on a 45-yard pass to go to the six yard line

*IU wins the toss and defers their choice to the second half. Nebraska will receive and it's time for kickoff.