Tuesday, March 19

Instant Recap: Indiana vs Maryland

spiufbrecap101219 (1).jpg

*Final: Indiana wins 34-28.

*Reese Taylor comes up with a interception and Indiana should be able to run the clock out.

*INDIANA FIELD GOAL. Logan Justus makes it a six-point game with a 34 yard field goal. IU leads 34-28 with 2:49 remaining.

*IU goes nowhere and it will be fourth-down and Logan Justus and the field goal unit will trot out onto the field to try and make it a six-point game. 2:53 remaining.

*Juwan Burgess recovers a fumble with 3:42 at the MD 16. HUGE break for IU.

*IU gets a huge defensive stop as they get the ball back with 5:22 remaining and a chance to kill clock.

*Ramsey doing everything he can as he rushes for 15 yards and breaks a tackle before absorbing a big hit to get the first down.

*Eventful end to the third quarter as David Ellis fumbles the kick return but IU recovers. At the end of the third, IU leads Maryland 31-28.

*TOUCHDWON MARYLAND. Leake dives for the corner and gets into the endzone for a one yard rush to cut the Hoosier lead to 31-28 to cap off a 6 play, 81 yard drive.

*Next play, Maryland connects on a 52 yard pass to Mabry who was ruled down at the one yard-line.

*On 3rd and 17, Maryland converts on a 21 yard pass to Demus.

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. Scott rushes for a nine-yard touchdown to increase the Hoosier lead to 31-21 with 2:32 remaining in the third quarter.

*Stevie Scott with a 27 yard run to jumpstart the IU possession.

*Marcelino Ball gets the first sack of the afternoon for IU as Maryland goes three-and-out.

*Three passes well short of the first-down marker all get stopped and forces IU to punt. Maryland will take over from its own 14.

*Scott rumbles for a 34 yard gain after dragging a few defenders.

*We are off and running in the 2nd half as Maryland takes the kickoff to its own 30 yard-line.

*Per IU Athletics, Penix is questionable to return with no injury designation at this time.

*Halftime. IU leads Maryland 24-21 at the half. Big story is Penix leaving with an injury and the amount of big plays IU has surrendered on defense.

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. Peyton Ramsey finds Nick Westbrook for a diving 26 yard touchdown pass in the corner of the endzone to give IU a late lead in the half. IU leads 24-21 with 24 seconds remaining in the second quarter.

*TOUCHDOWN MARYLAND. Maryland takes the lead with a 15 yard touchdown pass to Dontay Demus to cap off a seven play, 75 yard drive. Maryland leads IU 21-17 with 4:09 remaining in the second quarter.

*Another big play against the IU defense as Raheem Layne gets free for a 40 yard reception.

*Penix leaves the medical tent and heads to the locker room.

*FIELD GOAL INDIANA. Logan Justus converts a 20 yard field goal to give IU a 17-14 lead with 7:36 remaining in the second quarter. Ramsey was able to get IU to the three yard-line but couldn't convert.

*Peyton Ramsey takes over at quarterback

*TOUCHDOWN MARYLAND. Javon Leake rushes for 60 yards to tie the game. 14-14 12:05 remaining in the second quarter.

*Hendershot can't hold onto Penix's pass as Antoine Brooks intercepts the ball in the endzone.

*END OF 1ST QUARTER. IU leads Maryland 14-7.

*Maryland tried to get to the line quick on 4th-and-1 but IU holds the Terrapins and forces a turnover on downs.

*Penix misses Philyor deep and will force the Hoosiers to punt. Maryland will start its drive at its own 26 yard line.

*Following its touchdown drive, IU forces Maryland to go three-and-out and will take over at its own 29.

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. Stevie Scott powers his way into the endzone from three yards out to give the Hoosiers the lead. IU leads 14-7 with 6:31 remaining in the 1st quarter.

*15 yard penalty on Hale for illegal block below the waist. Moves the ball from the MD two-yard line to the 17.

*Personal foul against Isaiah Davis of Maryland for targeting on Nick Westbrook. He has been ejected for the remainder of the game.

*TOUCHDOWN MARYLAND. Pigrome completes a 11 yard pass to Okonkwo to tie it up 7-7 with 9:41 remaining in the first quarter.

*Pass-interference on Juwan Burgess. Maryland will move up to the IU 44 yard line.

*TOUCHDOWN INDIANA. Penix floats a 28 yard touchdown pass to Donovan Hale to cap off a five play, 69 yard opening drive for the Hoosiers. IU leads 7-0 13:03 remaining in the first quarter.

*David Ellis returns the opening kickoff to the IU 31 yard line and we are off in College Park, Maryland

*Maryland wins the coin toss and defers. IU will receive to start the game