student life

Greek organizations prepare for upcoming philanthropy events

Pi Burger Phi

Each semester, greek organizations from every council organize philanthropy events for different nonprofits. These events often serve food, provide an activity and benefit numerous nonprofits. Here are several of the upcoming ones.

Pi Burger Phi

Pi Beta Phi’s annual Pi Burger Phi will be a late-night event benefiting Read > Lead >Achieve, a nonprofit that supports literacy. Tickets are $5, while T-shirts are on sale for $10. A bundle including the ticket and T-shirt is $13. The event runs from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Sept. 12 at the Pi Beta Phi house on Third Street.

Kappasta 

Kappa Kappa Gamma will put on Kappasta, an annual fundraiser during which they serve, you guessed it — pasta. This event will take place from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sept. 13 at the Kappa Kappa Gamma house on Third Street. The fundraiser will benefit Camp Kesem, the Julian Center, Reading is Fundamental and IU Dance Marathon. Tickets cost $5 and a ticket and tee bundle costs $15. Tickets can be purchased online.

Alpha Sig Slices

Alpha Sigma Alpha will sell Domino’s Pizza for $1 and offer all-you-can-eat donuts, cookies and breadsticks to support the Special Olympics. Alpha Sig Slices will take place from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sept.14 at Alpha Sigma Alpha's North College location. Tickets are available online.

ADPi Carnival at the Court

Alpha Delta Pi will offer carnival games, cotton candy, hot dogs and snow cones from 7 to 11 p.m. Sept. 19 at its Fisher Court home. The event will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities, which supports children and families with healthcare and well-being, and tickets cost $5 before the event and $7 at the door. 

Sigma Sweets

Sigma Kappa will offer all-you-can-eat ice cream, donuts and pizza to benefit Alzheimer’s research. Sigma Sweets will take place from 4 to 7 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Sigma Kappa North Jordan house. Tickets cost $5.

DZ Scoops for Starkey

Delta Zeta will offer ice cream, popsicles, music and games from noon to 3 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Delta Zeta house on North Jordan Avenue. Tickets cost $5 and are available online. The proceeds from the event will benefit the Starkey Hearing Foundation, a nonprofit which provides hearing aids to people worldwide. 

Cirque du CF

To support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Delta Phi Epsilon will organize Cirque du CF. This event will also offer cotton candy, carnival games and popcorn. Cirque du CF will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 3 at the Delta Phi Epsilon house on Third Street. Tickets are $5.

Pizzapalooza

Alpha Xi Delta will present Pizzapalooza featuring pizza, breadsticks and cookies from Pizza X and Baked! of Bloomington. The event will benefit Autism Speaks, an organization which supports people on the Autism spectrum. Ticket holders will receive unlimited food for $5. Alpha Xi is also offering a ticket and tee bundle for $20. Pizzapalooza will be from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Oct. 3 at the Alpha Xi North Jordan Avenue house. 

Fries with AOiis

Alpha Omicron Pi’s event is targeted at potato fans. The organization will offer tater tots, french fries and a loaded baked potato bar in support of the Arthritis Foundation. The event will be from 8 to 11 p.m. Oct. 24 at the Alpha Omicron Pi house on North Jordan Avenue.