crime & courts

Woman reportedly steals from northside CVS, may have attempted to steal from another

A woman reportedly stole from two Bloomington CVS stores Wednesday, with the suspects in both thefts matching the same description.  

Bloomington Police Department Captain Ryan Pedigo said security camera footage recorded a woman taking three boxes of nasal spray and five 80-count boxes of Xyzal, an allergy relief medicine, and placing them in her bag at the CVS on North College Avenue. The stolen items totalled $297.92. The woman bought some shower sponges before leaving the store.

The same CVS location experienced a different theft Monday when $915 worth of hair loss products and toothbrush heads were stolen. 

Pedigo said a CVS store employee called police at 12:56 p.m. While an officer was there investigating, another call came in at 1:08 p.m. for a second theft at the CVS on South Walnut Street. 

A woman attempted to conceal 6 bottles of an unknown product called Viva Style on her person but put them back on the shelf as CVS employees walked up to confront her, Pedigo said. She then left the store.

Pedigo said both stores' employees described the suspect as a multiracial woman in her 30s and gave similar descriptions of the car the suspect left in. The investigation is still active.