sports   |   men's basketball

Walk-on guard Vijay Blackmon no longer with program

6a2ffa00-3916-4edc-b561-e4c9f1b47422-original

Then-sophomore guard Vijay Blackmon attempts to block a Marquette University player from scoring Nov. 14 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Blackmon is now a graduate transfer at Lindenwood University in Saint Charles, Missouri. Ty Vinson Buy Photos

When the official 2019-20 IU men’s basketball roster released Monday afternoon, there was one name missing from the list that was originally thought to be there.

On March 30, the Indiana Daily Student reported that guard Vijay Blackmon was looking to transfer, but had changed his mind to come back for his final season.

The former preferred walk-on is now a graduate transfer at Lindenwood University in Saint Charles, Missouri. Lindenwood is a Division II school in the Great Lakes Valley Conference.

During his tenure at IU, Blackmon scored seven points in 12 minutes of playing time. He sat out his sophomore season in 2017 after transferring from the University of Saint Francis in 2016. 

The current IU roster only has 13 players including newcomers freshman guard Armaan Franklin, freshman forward Trayce Jackson-Davis, freshman forward Nathan Childress, junior Joey Brunk and junior guard Cooper Bybee.

More in Sports