Tuesday, March 19

bloomington

Bloomington road restrictions are planned for June, bus stop reopens

News-filler

The City of Bloomington is overseeing several construction projects this summer which will involve lane restrictions, road closures and the reopening of a bus stop.

17th Street bus stop reopens

Roadway improvement plans caused the relocation of the Lismore Drive and West 17th Street bus stop. The bus stop reopened in its original location according to a Bloomington press release. The project to reconstruct roadways and add pedestrian walkways to the area of West 17th Street between Vernal Pike and North Monroe Street is anticipated to be complete by fall of this year.

City construction on campus continues

The area of North Jordan Avenue between 10th and Seventh streets remain closed as the Bloomington Utilities Department works to replace a 6-inch water main with a 12-inch one. Despite recent inclement weather, the road is still on schedule to be reopened on or before June 28 according to the release.

Street paving closures

The Department of Public Works' Street Division plans to work on road repaving projects this week if weather permits. Below are the anticipated road closure dates for corresponding roads.

• South Bradshire Court, June 10
  • West Clubhouse Drive from North Kinser Pike to North Old State Road 37, June 11 and 12
  • East Treadwell Lane, June 14

For the most up to date information on local construction related road closures visit the city's website.