IU men's golf to face 17 programs in Redhawk Invitational

<p>Then-junior Jake Brown practices at the IU Golf Course in April 2017. The men&#x27;s golf team will compete in the Redhawk Invitational on April 1-2 in University Place, Washington. </p>

Then-junior Jake Brown practices at the IU Golf Course in April 2017. The men's golf team will compete in the Redhawk Invitational on April 1-2 in University Place, Washington.

The IU men’s golf team will be in University Place, Washington, on Monday and Wednesday for the Redhawk Invitational, hosted by Seattle University.

The Hoosiers' five-player team will consist of junior Brock Ochsenreiter and sophomore Ethan Shepherd at the one and two spots, respectively. Senior and co-captain Jake Brown will play in the three spot and freshman Harry Reynolds will play in the four spot. Rounding out the lineup, junior Evan Gaesser will play at the five spot.

IU Head Coach Mike Mayer did not bring any extra players to compete as individuals.

The Hoosiers are coming off a two-week break, their last tournament being the Mission Inn Spectacular in Florida. They finished ninth with Shepherd placing the best individually at 17th.

The tournament will be played at Chambers Bay, a recently renovated course. This will be the first tournament since its renovation, and these will be the first golfers to try out the new grass.

Tee-off will be at 8 a.m. PST for both days. The field of 18 teams includes Gonzaga University, Oregon State University, University of California Irvine, University of California Los Angeles, Rutgers and IU, among others.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.