arts   |   performances

Comedian Naomi Ekperigin to perform this week at the Comedy Attic

entcomedybrief042119

Comedian and television writer Naomi Ekperigin will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday and at 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Comedy Attic. IDS file photo Buy Photos

Comedian and television writer Naomi Ekperigin will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week and at 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Comedy Attic.

The show will be Ekperigin’s first in Bloomington.

Ekperigin started working forthe popular comedy television show “Broad City” in 2013, becoming a staff writer starting in the show’s second season. She’s performed stand-up on “Late Night with Seth Meyers,” the WNYC podcast and HBO special “2 Dope Queens” as well as in her own half-hour special for Comedy Central.

As an actress, Ekperigin has appeared on shows such as ABC’s “Single Parents” and TruTV’s “Adam Ruins Everything.”

She also hosts the podcast “Couples Therapy” with her real-life fiancé and fellow comedian Andy Beckerman, where they talk about their relationship and include segments of other couples doing stand-up comedy together.

Tickets can be purchased online at the Comedy Attic’s website. Tickets are $10 for students and $13 for general admission.

More in Arts