Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain to perform Thursday in Bloomington

<p>George Hinchliffe’s Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain is performing at 8 p.m. March 21 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. The group has been around for more than 30 years and has performed around the world. </p>

George Hinchliffe’s Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain is performing at 8 p.m. March 21 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. The group has been around for more than 30 years and has performed around the world.

The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain’s world tour will make a stop at 8 p.m. Thursday in Bloomington at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

The orchestra consists of 11 members who perform with ukuleles and have become a national treasure in Great Britain, according to the BCT’s website.

With a career that spans over 30 years, the Ukulele Orchestra has performed for the British Royal Family, festivals and music halls such as the Sydney Opera House in Australia.

The group plays a variety of genres, like reworked folk songs, rock music and renditions of classical tunes. The orchestra will perform some of its own original compositions throughout the performance.

Doors at the BCT will open at 7:30 p.m., and tickets can be purchased online or at the theater before the show. Tickets start at $37 and go up to $47 for orchestra pit seats. More information can be found on the BCT website.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments