Cicada Cinema partnering with Upland Brewing Company to screen ‘Police Story’

<p>Cicada Cinema will partner with Upland Brewing Company to screen the 1985 martial arts comedy “Police Story.” The screening will take place at 8:30 p.m. March 29 at the Wood Shop Sour Ale Brewery.</p>

Cicada Cinema will partner with Upland Brewing Company to screen the 1985 martial arts comedy “Police Story.” The screening will take place at 8:30 p.m. March 29 at the Wood Shop Sour Ale Brewery.

Cicada Cinema will partner with Upland BrewingCompany to screen a new digital restoration of the 1985 Jackie Chan martial arts comedy “Police Story.”

The screening will take place at 8:30 p.m. March 29 at the Wood Shop SourAle Brewery. The brewery, located at 350 W. 11th St., is Upland Brewing’s production facility and tasting room. A selection of craft beers will be available on tap during the movie.

The movie stars Chan, who also wrote and directed the film, as a Hong Kong police officer who goes rogue while investigating a drug kingpin. It’s known for its slapstick comedy and acrobatic choreographed fight scenes, including a climactic shattered glass-filled fight scene in a shopping mall.

In 2016, the magazine “Time Out” polled 50 critics, directors, actors and stunt actors to list the best action films of all time. “Police Story” was ranked fourth. According to Chan’s autobiography, “I Am Jackie Chan,” he considers the movie his best stunt and action work.

Doors open for the event at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased online. The event is for attendees 21 years or older.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.