sports women's basketball

IU women’s basketball loses at Northwestern

Spiuwbbrecap22619.jpg

For IU women’s basketball, it was Northwestern killing momentum once again. 

After winning a road battle at Wisconsin on Jan. 13, the Hoosiers were defeated in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall by the Wildcats just three days later.

Now after defeating then-No. 10 Iowa last Thursday, IU went on the road and was defeated again 69-49 by Northwestern.

The score left no deception as IU trailed the entire game and struggled to find consistent offense throughout the 40 minutes. 

“Both sides of the ball tonight nothing went well,” IU Coach Teri Moren said. “It was disappointing after you come off such a great win against a really good Iowa team, we come out flat and could never get anything going.”

IU’s only solid stretch of play came in the second quarter where the team outscored Northwestern 18-13.

But the Wildcats quickly set the tone in the third, holding the Hoosiers to just eight points in the frame.

Northwestern was led in scoring once again by guard Lindsey Pulliam who had 24 points after scoring 27 against IU on Jan. 16. 

Inside, the Wildcats thrived through forward Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpan, who had an 11-point-11-rebound double-double.

IU only had two players score in double figures as junior guard Ali Patberg score 11 while sophomore guard Jaelynn Penn had 12. 

The final regular season game for IU will be at noon Sunday as the team hosts senior night against Purdue.

Purdue defeated IU on Jan. 20 with a final score of 56-53.