crime & courts

Two men accused of burglarizing same Bloomington apartment twice in past month

Two men were arrested Monday morning for allegedly burglarizing a Bloomington apartment and holding its owner at gunpoint. Police said the two burgled the same apartment last month.  

Frederick Holmes, 29, and Danny Pouncy, 28, reportedly pushed into the East Eighth Street apartment Sunday evening while the apartment owner’s 20-year-old brother was leaving.

The 21-year-old apartment owner told police one of the men held him at gunpoint and threatened to shoot him if he did not give them money. After his arrest, Pouncy told police Holmes had a gun, but police said Holmes never admitted to it.  When officers searched the house, they found the gun hidden under a bed.

Pouncy also admitted he and Holmes burgled the same apartment Dec. 14. 

The 21-year-old told police he met the men over Snapchat before the first burglary and gave them his address. He reported they wanted to purchase marijuana from him.

When Holmes and Pouncy arrived at the apartment Dec. 14, they reportedly held the victim and four friends at gunpoint. They made people get on the ground and took their phones, police said. 

The owner reported the two also stole a PlayStation, Xbox and an Apple watch that day.

When the men returned Jan. 6, police said they attempted to steal $1,000, a Gucci watch, a Louis Vuitton belt, a Nintendo Switch and a few other items. 

Bloomington Police Department Sgt. Dana Cole said when police arrived around 8 p.m., Pouncey and Holmes were leaving the apartment.

The men gave officers two different reasons for being in Bloomington. Holmes told police they were in town to purchase marijuana, while Pouncy said they came to collect $200 dollars the man they robbed owed them. 

Both men face preliminary charges of burglary and robbery for the two separate incidents.