sports   |   men's basketball

IU men’s basketball ranked No. 22 in new Associated Press Poll

img-8541

Sophomore Al Durham shoots a free throw during the IU men’s basketball game against Illinois on Jan. 3 in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Alex Deryn Buy Photos

After defeating Illinois and losing to No. 2 Michigan during this past week, IU fell one spot in the latest Associated Press men’s college basketball poll, released Monday afternoon.

IU dropped to the No. 22 spot, with its record now being 12-3 overall with a 3-1 mark in Big Ten games. The Hoosiers are fortunate to have not stumbled farther or even out of the rankings after their first loss of conference play.

The Hoosiers are one of four Big Ten teams ranked in the top 25 of the poll, along with No. 2 Michigan, No. 6 Michigan State and No. 16 Ohio State. In addition to these teams, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, Nebraska and Maryland all received votes to be included in the poll by voters.

The top four teams in the poll remain unchanged with Duke University, Michigan, the University of Tennessee and the University of Virginia topping the list.

IU’s upcoming schedule features only one game during this current weekly poll cycle, at 7 p.m. Friday night against Maryland.

More in Sports