academics & research

IU Kelley School of Business online program ranked No. 1 in report

News-filler

IU’s Kelley School of Business online program, Kelley Direct Online, is the No. 1 online MBA program and master’s program in the U.S., according to the latest U.S. News and World Report of the best online education programs. 

The Kelley Direct Online MBA program is tied for first. The Master of Science online program is also in first place, but with no tie. Both programs were ranked second last year. 

Kelley was the first online MBA program offered by a top-ranking business school. More than 4,200 students have earned Kelley MBAs through the program. 

Kelley Direct Online offers over 60 courses and seven dual-degree tracks. 

The general IU Online program, which was ranked 34th in 2017, is now in the top 20 for bachelor’s degrees. The IU School of Education is ranked 45th, and the Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis School of Nursing is ranked 23rd. 

The IU Online program offers more than 125 online degree and certificate programs. In 2018, almost 34 percent of IU students took online classes, and 913 are enrolled completely online, according to the report.

The U.S. news study looked at several factors to accumulate the rankings. Faculty and academic officials looked at four aspects in a survey and created a score from them. Student engagement with faculty and peers is 35 percent, services and technologies is 25 percent, faculty credentials and training is 20 percent and expert opinion is 20 percent. The data was collected over a two-year period.