Former Jacobs School of Music student found dead in Missouri

<p>Raffaella Stroik performs during rehearsals in 2016 at the Musical Arts Center. Stroik was found dead Wednesday morning in Monroe County, Missouri.</p>

Raffaella Stroik performs during rehearsals in 2016 at the Musical Arts Center. Stroik was found dead Wednesday morning in Monroe County, Missouri.

A former IU student was found dead Wednesday morning in Monroe County, Missouri, according to a press release from the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

Raffaella Stroik’s body was located by a private plane pilot around 9:40 a.m. in Mark Twain Lake. Authorities first reported Stroik as missing Tuesday after they discovered her car had been left unattended near the lake for two days in a row.

Stroik began dancing at the Saint Louis Ballet in 2017 after leaving IU’s Jacobs School of Music. She grew up in South Bend, Indiana.

In a press conference at 2 p.m. central time, highway patrol Sgt. Eric Brown said no foul play is suspected at this time. An autopsy will likely be performed tomorrow.

"The private pilot was using his own time and resources and we are very, very thankful for his assistance," Brown said.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments