bloomington

Where to park during IU Homecoming

filler.jpg

Homecoming weekend is one of the busiest times of the year and with IU fans coming into town for the game, parking and traffic is bound to get messy.

Starting at 5 p.m. Friday, all cars with or without a permit may park in a “CH” or “ST” zone. However, there is no parking in the IU Athletics parking lots after 6 p.m. Friday to make room for game day parking.

Free parking is also available at the Von Lee parking lot located at the corner of 4th and Dunn Streets and the lot located at the corner 6th and Dunn Streets. Lot 414 across from the Maurer School of Law requires an IU permit.

After these lots become full, drivers can park along the streets in downtown Bloomington between 4th Street and 9th Street and along College Avenue. Metered and residential parking spots will be available and neighborhood parking permits are not required after 5 p.m. on Fridays.

There are also paid parking garage options for drivers. Garages include the 11th and Fee Parking Garage, Atwater Parking Garage, Henderson Parking Garage, Jordan Parking Garage and Poplars Parking Garage. IU Parking garages are free all day Saturday and Sunday except for the 11th and Fee Parking Garage Saturday.

Parking for the parade is available at the Orange Lot by Memorial Stadium and Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. However, drivers who leave cars parked here overnight will be ticketed and towed.

For the game Saturday, there are paid parking options for $20 at the 11th and Fee Garage, the Milo B. Sampson Grass Area across State Road 45, a grass area at the corner of 17th Street and Fee Lane and a grass area across from the St. Paul Catholic Center.

In addition, the parking lots surrounding Memorial Stadium and the tailgating fields will open 5 hours before the game begins for those who pre-purchased parking.