Tailored to the university student

<p>A linen summer suit dresses up a warm summer day.</p>

A linen summer suit dresses up a warm summer day.

Tailored Fit

Margaret Fette, owner of The Tailored Fit, has a message for any IU student in the market for a new suit. Whether you're attending a career fair, getting ready for that internship interview, or looking ahead to the job search after graduation, Fette says her custom-made clothing and alteration shop at 611 W. 11th St. in Bloomington is where you need to be. 

There, students will find the perfect blend of customer service, experience and affordability. "I want them walking out of here feeling good about how they look. I don’t want them to worry about that anymore," Fette says. "That's a big deal. I try to make sure anybody who walks in the door realizes they're special and we really care about them.

The Tailored Fit, which Fette started in 2006, is located one block west of the Upland Brewing Co. and a 6-minute drive from the Sample Gates. The business is open 10:30 am until 6 pm and on Saturdays 12-5pm, perfect hours for the jammed-packed schedule of a college student.

Did you already buy the suit? The Tailored Fit provides alterations services. "We can make it look really good on them," Fette says. "We're definitely the fitting experts in town." But for those students looking for something different, The Tailored Fit also offers custom, made-to-measure men's suits starting at an affordable price of $550 plus tax. "A lot of people don't even know we do it," Fette says. "They can be in the same price point as an off-the-rack-suit, once they pay for alterations."

Whatever your choice, planning is crucial. While alternations can take 1-2 weeks, the delivery time for a custom suit is six to eight weeks. 

"What we can offer a person is really special," Fette says. "No matter what your needs are: alterations to an off the rack suit or a made to measure suit, I can help you either way."