administration

SGIS to create scholarship, rename auditorium

cascholarship102318.jpg

The Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies has accepted a gift from IU alumni Jefferson and Mary Shreve to create a scholarship program and name the school’s auditorium after the Shreve family.

The Shreve Scholars Program will give undergraduate scholarships to direct-admit students from Indiana. It will also provide graduate scholarships for in-state Wells Scholars who are pursuing their fifth year in the Hamilton Lugar School’s combined bachelor of arts and master of arts program in international studies.

The auditorium will be renamed the Shreve Auditorium in the Global and International Studies Building. 

The auditorium has presented influential leaders such as former U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and famous musicians such as Yo-Yo Ma and the Silkroad Ensemble.

Jefferson Shreve graduated from IU in 1989 with a degree in political science. He is the president of Storage Express and is an active member of the IU community, having served as national chair of the IU Alumni Association and on the Executive Dean’s Advisory Board for IU’s College of Arts and Sciences.

The gift is part of the $3 billion campaign, For All: The Indiana University Bicentennial Campaign, which will conclude in June 2020 during IU’s bicentennial celebration.