Podcast: IU football brings three-game losing streak into Friday's game at Minnesota

<p>Freshman running back Ronnie Walker Jr. strides into the corner of the endzone after a touchdown against Penn State on Oct. 20 at Memorial Stadium. IU will play Minnesota on Friday night.&nbsp;</p>

Freshman running back Ronnie Walker Jr. strides into the corner of the endzone after a touchdown against Penn State on Oct. 20 at Memorial Stadium. IU will play Minnesota on Friday night. 

IU has lost three straight games and four out of its five Big Ten Conference games after a 33-28 home loss last weekend to Penn State. 

Following that defeat and news of a season-ending injury sustained by freshman quarterback Michael Penix Jr., IU will look to rebound Friday night on the road against Minnesota.

Indiana Daily Student football writers Cameron Drummond, Sean Mintert and Murphy Wheeler discuss the ramifications of Penix's injury, how IU plans to address its recent special teams miscues and if a bowl game is still a likely end-of-season result for IU.

PODCAST SEGMENTS

1:20 - Recap of the Penn State loss

2:25 - The effects of the Michael Penix Jr. injury

7:00 - How well did IU's two-quarterback system work this season?

11:30 - Mistakes on special teams for the Hoosiers

16:30 - End of first-half problems for IU against Penn State

18:30 - Murphy Wheeler sits with IU fans for the Penn State game

20:35 - Comparing Big Ten football teams to members of the Beatles 

22:45 - Discussing the music of ABBA and Cameron Drummond's early exposure to it

23:35 - A preview of the Minnesota Golden Gophers

25:40 - Minnesota's all-time best NFL players

28:20 -  Three things to know about Minnesota 

34:30 -  Score predictions for IU vs. Minnesota 

37:50 - Will IU make a bowl game?

38:40 - Reakwon Jones feels effects of Hurricane Michael

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.