student life bloomington

Halloween events to do in Bloomington

LIFE-POPULAR-COSTUMES-SLIDESHOW-1-TB

As Halloween creeps up, events and opportunities are happening to get everyone in the spooky mood. Explore all the creepy opportunities this Halloween with this list of events and performances to attend in Bloomington.

Downtown Trick or Treat 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 26, 116 N. Walnut St.

Celebrate Halloween while supporting local businesses at Bloomington’s fourth annual Downtown Trick or Treat event. Costumes are welcome while you trick or treat downtown at locally owned businesses and restaurants.

Dennis James Hosts Halloween 7:30 p.m. Oct. 26, IU Auditorium

Dennis James will be returning to campus this Halloween for a special 50th anniversary of his silent film performing debut. A full student orchestra will join James in presenting the original organ and orchestral music for the 1925 film “The Phantom of the Opera.” Tickets are on sale here.

Festival of Ghost Stories 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 26, Bryan Park

Bryan Park is presenting its annual ghost story event where storytellers present tales of ghosts, horror and murder. This event is a great way to spend time in the outdoors while enjoying the spookiness of Halloween. The event will take place at Monroe County Public Library in case of rain.

Wylie Haunted House Tours 7 to 11 p.m. Oct. 26-27, Wylie House

Join storytellers at the historic Wylie House as they tell tales of murder, ghosts and mysterious family deaths, an event to make anyone’s skin crawl. Tours will last around 30 minutes and check-in will be at the Education Center “barn” right next door. The Wylie House is located at 307 E. 2nd St.

“The Hitch-Hiker” and “The Twilight Zone: The Masks” 4 p.m. Oct. 27, IU Cinema

Down to be scared? Catch this two-in-one showing of both “The Hitch-Hiker” and “The Twilight Zone: The Masks” playing at IU Cinema, certain to get anyone in the spooky Halloween mood.

Cardinal Stage Presents “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” 8 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. Oct. 27,  Buskirk-Chumley Theater

Check out the cult musical classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater located along Kirkwood Avenue. Half an hour before the screening there will be a pre-show event called the “de-virginization ritual,” a costume contest and fun event for all movie goers. The pre-show will be presented by drag queen Oriana Perón.

“Frankenstein” 1 p.m. Oct. 28, IU Cinema

Check out another creepy Halloween classic at the IU Cinema with the screening of the 1931 film “Frankenstein.” Considered one of the most horrifying movies, this screening is one students looking for a scare won’t want to miss.