Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.

Police investigating four counterfeiting incidents

<p>&nbsp;</p>

Employees at the Burger King on West Third Street reported a man who attempted to pay with a counterfeit $100 bill Wednesday.

The employee who received the bill said it just didn’t feel right. They told officers it looked like it had been photocopied, Bloomington Police Department Capt. Steve Kellams said.

This is the fourth fake $100 bill BPD has begun investigating in the past two and a half weeks. Two were used at Starbucks, and one was used at Subway. The investigation of all four bills was assigned to the same detective, Kellams said.

The man who tried to use the bill left before police arrived, but BPD has requested surveillance video from Burger King. 

Employees described the man as 6 foot, wearing blue jeans, a red jacket and a gray hat.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.