IUSA candidates: Voice IUSA presidential candidate Alex Wisniewski

<p>Junior Alex Wisniewski is the president of the Voice IUSA ticket which one the IU Student Association election for 2018-2019. IUSA joined other Big Ten student governments to critique the PROSPER act, a new education bill making its way through Congress.</p>

Junior Alex Wisniewski is the president of the Voice IUSA ticket which one the IU Student Association election for 2018-2019. IUSA joined other Big Ten student governments to critique the PROSPER act, a new education bill making its way through Congress.

Emily Abshire

All three presidential candidates in this year's upcoming IU Student Association election said they doubted most students on campus know what IUSA is.  

IUSA, the University's representative student government, is set up like the United States government with three branches — executive, student body congress and supreme court. 

Each year, new representatives are voted in by students. This year's voting for the executive ticket is March 27 and 28. The executive ticket is made up of a president, vice president of congress, vice president of administration and treasurer. 

Alex Wisniewski is a junior running for president on the Voice IUSA ticket, one of three campaigns for IUSA 2018-19.

Wisniewski said the Voice ticket is distinct because it has been reaching out to student organizations to hear concerns and ideas before writing any policy. He said he hopes this creates a direct line of communication between stakeholders and the IU administration, with IUSA as a liaison. 

Watch the IDS interview with Wisnewski to learn more about him, the ticket's policies and why he wants your vote.

This profile is part of an ongoing series. Follow along to meet Reform IUSA candidate Emma Coates and Unite IU candidate Kevin Mohsenzadeh.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.