Teacher, IU alumna from Parkland speaks on campus

<p>Katherine Posada, an IU alumna and a language arts teacher at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, wipes her eyes while speaking to future educators on Friday in the School of Education. Posada talked about her experience in her school with the Feb. 14 shooting and the roles teachers have in stopping tragedies like this from happening.</p>

Katherine Posada, an IU alumna and a language arts teacher at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, wipes her eyes while speaking to future educators on Friday in the School of Education. Posada talked about her experience in her school with the Feb. 14 shooting and the roles teachers have in stopping tragedies like this from happening.

IU alumna Katherine Posada, a 10th grade English teacher from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, spoke about the recent shooting at her school during a talk at the IU School of Education on Friday.

She spoke to a packed auditorium of education students about the shooting and teachers' roles in similar situations. Click here or use the first tweet embedded below to see a thread of coverage from her talk. A full story on Posada is coming soon.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments