Friday rundown: National Right to Work Act, IUMG in Hawaii, IU painting program, Bloomington Playwrights Project PlayOffs

Hollingsworth announces support for National Right to Work Act

Eman Mozaffar

Rep. Trey Hollingsworth, R-9th District, announced his support for legislation making it federally illegal for companies to fire their employees for not paying labor union dues. IU labor studies associate professor Lynn Duggan says the U.S. has poor labor laws, and she said she does not support this new legislation, titled the National Right to Work Act. Read more here.

IU men’s golf ready to close out fall season in Hawaii

Junior Jake Brown practices at the IU Golf Course in April 2017. Brown had two top-10 finishes in the fall and has the best average round score on the team. Josh Eastern

A trip to Maui will feature snorkeling and plenty of fun for the IU men’s golf team, but finishing the fall season on a high note is also a top priority. Read more here.

Painting studios adjust to interim space in former church

Andy Bullard, a master's of fine arts student, has his studio decorated with his art. His studio is located in the warehouse on the corner of Woodlawn Avenue and 13th Street. Ty Vinson

For the second time in two years, the IU painting program is being moved. Both undergraduate and graduate students say they are concerned about how the move will affect their semester and thesis projects. Read more here.

Annual PlayOffs taking stage at Bloomington Playwrights Project

Tabitha Burton wins the Audience Favorite Award at the 2016 Bloomington Playwrights Project PlayOffs. The competition has playwrights meet with actors, receive a line of dialogue, a prop and a theme and then orchestrate a fully staged production in 24 hours. Courtesy Photo

At 6 p.m. Friday, playwrights in the Bloomington Playwrights Project PlayOffs will meet with actors, receive a line of dialogue, a prop and a theme. They then have 24 hours to produce a fully staged production, which you can watch at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Read more here.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.