Wednesday rundown: Bloomington Faculty Council meets, #IUMS freshman shows out, new photography exhibit, MCCSC cuts ties with contractor

Morning rundown

Bloomington Faculty Council meets

caBFC.JPG
Bloomington Faculty Council past president Rebecca Spang discusses how changes to the BFC structure are fairly new. The next BFC meeting will be at 3:30 p.m. Nov. 7 in Presidents Hall. Matt Rasnic

For the first time, the Bloomington Faculty Council may add professors on the nontenured track. They also discussed the three IU Grand Challenges. Read more here. 

#IUMS freshman shows out

Freshman midfielder Griffin Dorsey looks on after kicking the ball against Notre Dame on Tuesday at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Dorsey has been an impressive part of IU's freshman class this season. 
Freshman midfielder Griffin Dorsey looks on after kicking the ball against Notre Dame on Tuesday at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Dorsey has been an impressive part of IU's freshman class this season.  Bobby Goddin

Freshman winger Griffin Dorsey has been a breath of fresh air for IU men’s soccer this season. With pace and skill, Dorsey has helped power the offense for the undefeated Hoosiers through 14 games. Read more here.

New photography exhibit

Sophomore Annie Conyngham looks at the photos from A Shared Gallery exhibit. The photography exhibit took place Tuesday at the Grunwald Gallery of Art. 
Sophomore Annie Conyngham looks at the photos from A Shared Gallery exhibit. The photography exhibit took place Tuesday at the Grunwald Gallery of Art.  Victor Gan

“A Shared Elegy" is a new exhibit showing viewers numerous photographs dealing with the cycle of life. The exhibit opened Oct. 13 at the Grunwald Gallery in the Fine Arts Building. The exhibit features work from four photographers: Osamu James Nakagawa, Takayuki Ogawa and Elijah and Emmet Gowin, according to a press release by the gallery. “A Shared Elegy is a standalone exhibition, but it is the first time the Eskenazi Museum of Art and the Grunwald Gallery have worked together on an exhibition,” Grunwald Gallery assistant Chris McFarland said. Read more here.

MCCSC cuts ties with contractor

MCCSC officially ended its contract with Auxilio Services on Oct. 13. It began running bus routes in-house Monday after the school board added incentives for bus drivers to work for the district, including certain full time benefits for part-time workers. Read more here.