Wednesday rundown: BFC meeting, performance by married duo, campus lighting and women's basketball

Morning rundown

Bloomington Faculty Council focuses on faculty satisfaction, non-tenure track

Audience members listen quietly at the beginning of the Bloomington Faculty Council Meeting. Bloomington staff and residents gathered in President's Hall for the Bloomington Faculty Council meeting on Tuesday afternoon.
Audience members listen quietly at the beginning of the Bloomington Faculty Council Meeting. Bloomington staff and residents gathered in President's Hall for the Bloomington Faculty Council meeting on Tuesday afternoon. Noelle Snider

The Bloomington Faculty Council discussed three major topics in its meeting on Oct. 3, including non-tenure track faculty issues, the results of the COACHE faculty satisfaction survey and revisions to the sexual misconduct policy. Read more here.

Married duo to perform at Buskirk-Chumley Theater

The folk band Shovels and Rope includes married couple Micheal Trent and Cary Ann Hearst. The duo will perform at the Buskrik-Chumley Theater on Oct. 4. 
The folk band Shovels and Rope includes married couple Micheal Trent and Cary Ann Hearst. The duo will perform at the Buskrik-Chumley Theater on Oct. 4.  Courtesy Photo

Michael Trent and Cary Ann Hearst will perform Wednesday night at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Trent and Hearst are married and said they have performed in Bloomington but never at the Buskirk-Chumley. Hearst said they are currently on tour and getting the opportunity to play in more relaxed atmospheres. Read more here.

IUSA works to identify campus areas that need more lighting for student safety

The IUSA student affairs and safety committee is marking areas around campus that it says are poorly lit. Adding street lights will improve safety on multiple fronts, committee members said. Read more here. 

Women's basketball experiencing a youth shift ahead of new season

Head Coach of women's basketball Teri Moren calls out a play against Iowa in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in February 2017. Moren will lead a younger, less experienced team this season.  
Head Coach of women's basketball Teri Moren calls out a play against Iowa in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in February 2017. Moren will lead a younger, less experienced team this season.   Bobby Goddin

This year’s IU women’s basketball team will face issues regarding depth and youth, but Coach Teri Moren is optimistic about her team’s progress after the first few days of official practice. Read more here.