* FINAL: IU defeats Charleston Southern 27-0.
It was a wire-to-wire victory for the Hoosiers, and a debut win for freshman Peyton Ramsey as starting quarterback. Ramsey posted 321 yards passing and two touchdowns through the air. The game also featured a big performance from freshman wide receiver Taysir Mack, who recorded over 100 yards receiving with two receiving touchdowns.
IU's defense limited Charleston Southern to less than 150 total yards and recorded its first shutout since the 1993 season.
* End of 3rd Quarter: IU has a comfortable 27-0 lead after Griffin Oakes added a short field goal during the third quarter. The rain at Memorial Stadium has left only a few fans in the stands and puddles on the field, but the game will continue.
* FUMBLE (3rd quarter - 5:21) As a driving rain storm descends upon Memorial Stadium, freshman running back Cole Gest fumbles the ball away to Charleston Southern.
* FIELD GOAL (3rd quarter - 7:04) IU increases its lead to 27-0 after a 21-yard field goal by Griffin Oakes. IU nearly had a touchdown earlier in the drive, but a 10-yard touchdown pass to Simmie Cobbs was ruled out-of-bounds.
* INTERCEPTION (3rd quarter - 13:51) IU received the second-half kickoff, but Charleston Southern quickly gets possession after Peyton Ramsey throws his first interception of the game. Second turnover for IU today after Simmie Cobbs fumbled earlier.
* Halftime: IU leads Charleston Southern 24-0 at the break. Peyton Ramsey is 25 for 30 passing for 277 yards passing and two touchdowns. The other IU touchdown came when Ramsey recovered a Devonte Williams fumble in the end zone. Charleston Southern has done next to nothing on offense.
* TOUCHDOWN (2nd quarter - 0:34) Taysir Mack now has two receiving touchdowns today after Ramsey connects with him on a 45-yard pass. Ramsey found Mack near the sideline, and the freshman wide receiver to the ball the rest of the way untouched. 24-0 IU leads.
* TOUCHDOWN (2nd quarter - 8:00) Another scoring drive for IU as Ramsey leads the Hoosiers down the field with long passes to Luke Timian and Taysir Mack. Drive ends with a Ramsey touchdown. The freshman quarterback recovered a Devonte Williams fumble in the end zone for the score. 17-0 IU leads.
* End of 1st Quarter: IU leads Charleston Southern 10-0. Peyton Ramsey is 10 of 11 for 103 yards when passing the ball. IU's lone touchdown came on a 12-yard pass from Ramsey to freshman wide receiver Taysir Mack. Hoosier defense forced three three-and-outs by the Buccaneers to start the game.
* TOUCHDOWN (1st quarter - 3:26) Ramsey is able to successfully lead IU down the field on a scoring drive for the second time today. The drive is capped by a 12-yard touchdown pass to freshman wide receiver Taysir Mack. 10-0 Hoosiers lead.
* FUMBLE (1st quarter - 6:32) Peyton Ramsey had IU driving towards a touchdown, but Simmie Cobbs Jr. turns the ball over inside the Charleston Southern 10-yard line. Ramsey completed a pass to Cobbs on a slant route, but Cobbs fumbled the ball after it was poked out from behind. Buccaneers recover at their own 7.
* FIELD GOAL (1st quarter - 10:56) After forcing a three-and-out on defense, IU drives about 30 yards down the field after a good punt return by junior wide receiver Luke Timian. The Hoosiers had the ball in the end zone on a touchdown pass from freshman quarterback Peyton Ramsey to junior wide receiver Simmie Cobbs Jr., but a pass interference negated the score. IU settles for a 30-yard field goal by senior kicker Griffin Oakes. 3-0 IU leads.
* IU won the coin toss and deferred to the second half. Hoosiers will begin the game on defense.
* Welcome to the live updates page for IU football's game against Charleston Southern. Kickoff is just minutes away in Bloomington. IU (2-2) will look for its second home win of the season against Charleston Southern (2-2). The FCS Buccaneers have never beaten a full-time FBS school, going 0-19 against top-tier opponents.
Like what you're reading? Support independent, award-winning college journalism on this site. Donate here.
More in Sports
Basketball is a game of runs and March Madness is no different.
Richardson went 7-for-19 with one home run, two doubles and six runs batted in this week.
IU will play at Indiana State on Tuesday.